Subject: Question regarding DPO notification requirements for non-EU/non-Local Controllers and Processors
From: "Andrada Mateiciuc" <[email-masked]>
To: "AKI info"
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2025 13:42:27 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you on behalf of Privacy Data Partners, an EU company 
proving external DPO services for worldwide controllers and processors in 
order to meet their personal data protection obligations.

I would like to know if the notification of the DPO to the Andmekaitse 
Inspektsioon is required for the following situation:

The controller or processor is not established in the European Union / 
Republic of Estonia but process personal data of data subjects within 
Estonia. This entity has appointed our company (registered in Romania) as 
their DPO and an EU representative located in another European Union (not in 
Estonia).

Specifically, my question is: does our client (controller or processor) need 
to notify their DPO (our company) to your authority Andmekaitse 
Inspektsioon?

I look forward to your response to help ensure compliance with Andmekaitse 
Inspektsioon’s requirements. Thank you in advance for your time and 
assistance.

Kind regards,

Andrada Mateiciuc

Andrada Mateiciuc
Data Protection Consultant
m: +40 733942062

e:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

w:  <http://www.datapartners.eu/> www.datapartners.eu

Privacy Data Partners SRL prelucrează, în calitate de operator, datele tale 
cu caracter personal în scopul furnizării serviciilor și produselor noastre. 
Potrivit legislației, beneficiezi de următoarele drepturi: acces, 
rectificare, ștergere, restricționare a prelucrării, portabilitatea datelor, 
opoziție, de a nu fi supus unor decizii individuale, de a te adresa 
autorității de supraveghere. Pentru mai multe detalii, accesează 
<https://datapartners.eu/politica-de-confidentialitate/?lang=ro> Politica 
noastră de prelucrare date.

Privacy Data Partners SRL processes, as controller, your personal data in 
order to provide you our services and products. According to the law, you 
have the following rights: access, rectification, erasure, restriction of 
processing, data portability, objection, not to be subject to a decision 
based solely on automated processing and to address the supervisory 
authority. For more details on your data processing, please read our 
<https://datapartners.eu/privacy-policy/> Privacy Policy.